Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Busy, busy, busy





What have I been up to? Well besides peeling copious amounts of skin from my body (damn that hole in the ozone layer - see previous posting), I've been buying the necessities to prepare for my trip to Patagonia. Most of the stuff I can rent down there, but I needed a jacket, hiking shoes, pants, headlamp, cutlery, scarf, hat, gloves... TG for Lindsay, or I would never know what to get. (Incidentally, Lindsay and I are not allowed to go shopping together ever again. We are bad influences and cannot resist deals on shoes or tank tops at Zara.)

I tried to take some pics of the really cool buildings here in Santiago, but the pics just don't do them justice. They other pics are from this cool, organic restaurant called Fresh/Good. The one pic that looks kind of blurry is the tag on some back to school uniforms - the brand is called "Hate the School". Freakin' hilarious, if you ask me. I saw it at this store called Jumbo - Chile's more upscale version of Walmart. We had a bit of an incident there trying to return some $12 bottle of sunscreen that my friend Phi bought and decided to return right away. 20 minutes later, after giving them my passport number, address, phone number and promised my first born child, we were out of there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have kept the suncreen. It's only $12 and now there going to send the Chilean mafia after your unborn child.

Anonymous said...

how do you know it was really organic?

Anonymous said...

maybe they were lying