Sunday, May 15, 2005

Why am I such an idiot?!


Saturday, I drove up to San Francisco from San Diego and made it up just in time to go to dinner with my mom and my cousin. The real fun started after dinner when I realized that my rental car had been towed. (P.S. it was freezing by that time.) Honestly, I had noticed that the car was about 2 INCHES into a driveway, but was clearly not "blocking" it. Anyway, $200 later, I got it out, only to discover this morning that they'd also placed another $75 parking ticket inside the car. Very classy, San Francisco.

Still, this was clearly my fault. Oh, and the reason I feel like a complete idiot? I also lost my wallet a few days earlier on the drive down to San Diego. I really can't afford any more of this. Really. Perhaps I should carry my wallet in one of those travel pouches or cheesy fanny packs from now on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i vote that you go take the fanny pack option - fanny packs are nice and hippy and fit your style, although i would advise against wearing it to work at big blue, from what i understand it may not be a cultural fit

also in the future when posting about driving from point A to point B if you could include an approximate time estimate i would appreciate it - it is quite possible that during my summer in the OC since i do not know anyone i might be doing a bit of driving and would like to know how long it takes to complete such a journey