Wednesday, May 18, 2005

"If you see gum on the street, don't pick it up - it's not free candy."


Ah, so I made it to New York. It was a long drive, and despite some atrocious mapquest directions, I found my new home for the summer. It's very beautiful and my room looks out onto the lake. I haven't gotten around to taking pictures, but I will.

Yesterday, I went into Manhattan to meet some friends. I was pretty proud of myself for finding my way down there (very easy via train actually) and to various locations, although this one homeless guy on the subway told me that I didn't look "like I was from around here." That kind of bothered me, since I didn't even have my map out.

I'm gonna lay low for the next couple of days, but go back down on Friday to hang out with Judy and other Kelley students. Also, I'm still working on the internet access at my house, so I cannot return e-mails, etc. very quickly. Also, sorry if I'm kind of boring on this posting. Am exhausted from driving around, losing wallet, etc. Plus, I should prob eat something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you made it. Have a great summer!!