Wednesday, August 30, 2006

US Open: Another example of all the cool things that happen in Queens




Here a are few pics from Wed, which I spent at the US Open. I was operating on roughly 4 hrs sleep that day (due to some travel snafus the day before), so much of the day is blurred. I do, however, recall that the players are very fond of Playstations and they were all very polite.

After I'd logged in my 8 hours staffing the players' internet cafe area, I was free to roam around the rest of the night. The blank statium picture (above), I took after I rushed upstairs to the Arthur Ashe Statium once I was free, only to find out that the night matches wouldn't start for another hour. So, then I proceeded to just wander around restricted areas to see where my credidentials would get me.

I ended up watching most of the night matches, which weren't very close that early in the tournament (Sharapova and Roddick both killed). It was fun, but I was fading toward the end - and woulda been more fun if I had a friend or two with me. Maybe next year.

P.S. How cool is that globe statue?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that your special hand?

Anonymous said...

It must be. You can barely see that pinky!

JB said...

nah...my right hand has the short pinky.

dammit, i just realized i haven't posted anything in over a month.

The Rest Is Still Unwritten... said...

Jor, I'll totally go to the US Open with you next year. I went for the first time this summer and loooovvvvveeeeedddddd every minute of it.