Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Settled? Yeah, sorta.



Well, I've been in NY over a week now. Honestly, it feels like ages ago that I was in Btown. Everything's going well, although I miss everyone from school lots. It's a damn shame I didn't get to go to Mexico.

Work's going just fine. Not much to do yet, but I'm sure that will change soon. My apt is great although it only contains an air mattress and a spattering of clothes. The movers are coming tomorrow with the rest of my stuff and I am def looking forward to sleeping in a real bed, having chairs to sit on and a tv to watch.

I've decided to drive to work instead of taking the train (hence the pictures of the Triborough Bridge). For those of you not from here, the boroughs it connects are Manhattan, Queens (my hood!) and the Bronx. It's a really long drive (min of 1 hour each way), but I'll usually only go up there 3X per week. Still, I would certainly die w/o my trusty ipod to keep me company on the drive. I've managed to find parking on my street every night, and I've only gotten one ticket so far (forgot to check the signs on the street when I was gone this weekend).

That's all I have for now. I'm exhausted...I plan to start getting some more sleep soon. Luckily, I'm headed to Hawaii on Thurs for Hillary's wedding. Let's hope I remember to take some pictures to post. I'm always forgetting things like that!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Traffic makes me angry! Jor, you should get XM radio. It's like having cable for your car, exept no commercials. I'm addicted already.

PS - Go team Harold!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! It looks like so much f-u-n!
Don't get your car towed!
Try to find Harold's restaurant for us. The Hourigan and I are going to take an XM roadtrip to NYC.

Raclee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Those pictures are amazing. I can't even fathom commuting 1 hour each way to work, but like you said, I guess it is only 3 times a week. I get ticked off when I have to be in the car 20 minutes when the students are in town. Anyway, glad to hear that everything is going well and that your stuff will be there soon. Have fun in Hawaii!! I'm jealous!!

Anonymous said...

Damn! you're gettin' lazy on the blog! Hey, look at this: http://www.bestweekever.tv/2006/06/26/the-celebrity-baby-photos-price-guide/#more-4676

Anonymous said...

Missed you at Grandma's birthday party. Glad you like NY.
You have got to learn to take public transportation. . .Californians are so wedded to their cars.
Hope you like your new job.