Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I laugh in the face of boredom! ha!


I recently found out that I will be starting work quite a bit later than I thought (May 15th!) This is good news, I guess, except that I've been scrambling for the past few weeks to finish all of my GA hours and classwork early. The net result is that I have a bunch of time on my hands until I graduate.

This would be fine for most people I think, but I can honestly say that one of my biggest fears in life is boredom, so this could have been cause for panic. I dread boredom, which probably explains some of the poor decisions i have made in my life in order to avoid it (a lot of bad dates come to mind). But here I am, nearing the end of Day #2 w/o much to do, and things are going swimmingly. Here is what I have done so far:

- read a lot
- started writing a book
- worked out twice (not even counting softball)
- watched more than my share of crap tv
- done some stuff for school
- scored many high scores on that fun game on my cell phone
- emptied the dishwasher (which is my least fav chore)
- looked online at apts in NYC
- prob lots more i can't think of right now

Phew! Let's hope I can keep up this pace.

Here's some links from the week that I think are interesting:

- I think I've seen these before, but they are still funny
- Some girls aren't very smart
- Batman Onomatopoeia

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are cracking me up. As I've told you before, never again in your life will you have this time, except retirement. Enjoy it to the fullest. I envy you (except the part about being broke). When you start your job, it will all be worth it.

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a lot of free time if you think you'll ever beat my high score on Snake 2!!

Anonymous said...

That is one of the cutest pics of you I've seen! Don't wear yourself down with all those crazy activities. Um, by the way, I think I have a dishwasher that needs unloading!!!

Anonymous said...

for someone not doing anything, you really could update this more often.

JourneyGrl said...

I agree with Casey. I'm going to stop reading if you don't do a better job of entertaining me, Jor! Miss you!